Last Updated on February 20, 2015.
HEALTHCAREPASS.COM PRIVACY NOTICE – IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ
Collecting and Using Information
Registration and Other Information Provided to Us
What information does the Site obtain?
User Provided Information – When you register with us or use the Site, you provide us certain information voluntarily. This may include: (a) your name, mobile or residential phone number, zip code, e-mail address, postal address, date of birth, gender, answers to survey questions and other registration information; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you enter sweepstakes, make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us; (c) information you provide us when you contact us; (d) information you enter into our system when using the Site, such as contact information which is clearly labeled at the time you submit it; and (e) information you post on our Site.
Information Provided Through a Social Network – When you sign up with HealthCarePass.com, in order to use all of the Site features you will need to connect with us using your account from one of the specified social networks, such as Facebook, Google +, or Yahoo!. When you connect with us using your social media account, you give us permission to collect and store specified data from that social media account, which may include your public profile information, name, profile picture, gender, birthday, e-mail address, friends list, and current city. The information we obtain from these third-party services may vary depending on your personal settings or their privacy policies. We use this information in order to provide our services, to present offers that are relevant to you, and to personalize your experience and your posts on the Site.
Automatically Collected Information – When you use the Site, we automatically collect certain information from you, such as Internet addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring and exit page, operating system, timestamps, clickstream data, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, and your mobile operating system. We also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers. This information is logged and used for purposes such as to help diagnose technical problems and to administer our Site so that we can constantly improve it.
Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in your browser. Cookies transmit information such as session ID, user ID, and conversion data. This information helps website providers recognize a browser or mobile device and helps us gather information such as how many users have visited our site and which pages and advertisements have been seen and clicked on. We use first-party cookies and third-party cookies together to report ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with ad impressions related to your visit to our Site. We never collect sensitive personal information (such as information about your race, religion, sexual orientation or health) from cookies.
Third-Party Analytics. We may collect certain information via third-party analytics services, which may collect your non-sensitive user information. This may include: the information you provide us, your session ID, your user ID, and conversion data. This information provides us with tools to calculate the numbers and frequency of visitors on the Site and to understand how you and other users use the Site so to improve your experience.
Google Analytics. We enable Google Analytics to support Display Advertising. We have implemented the following Google Analytics features to support Display Advertising: Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network advertisements at www.google.com/settings/ads
- Remarketing with Google Analytics. We use Remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the Internet. Both ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting and DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration. Both ourselves and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how our ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics to match you with the right message and show you advertisements that are more relevant to your interests.
How is the obtained information used and shared?
We use the information that we collect for purposes including to provide our services, contact you regarding new promotions, improve our Site, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our customer agreements. We also use this information—directly, indirectly, and in combination with data we exchange with other parties—to introduce you to informational, service, and/or product offerings of HealthCarePass.com, Company and/or its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, partners, advertisers, select unaffiliated companies, unaffiliated list brokers, affiliate marketers, companies that want to advertise other products/services, assigns, and/or brands that are owned by, licensed by, and/or partnering with HealthCarePass.com and/or Company (collectively, “Affiliates”). We do this by transferring, licensing, and/or sharing your information with Affiliates and hope you will be interested in the marketing materials and/or promotions with which you are presented. Affiliates also transfer, and/or share your information with unaffiliated list brokers, affiliate marketers, and/or companies that want to advertise other products and/or services. Once a third party obtains your information, its subsequent use is controlled by the privacy policies of the third party.
Any survey question on any survey page is optional and is not required to qualify for any reward. When you answer any survey question, we will transfer some or all of the information that you submit during the website registration process to Affiliates that we believe, based on your answer, may be of interest to you.
HealthCarePass.com advertises online (e.g., pages within our Sites and mobile apps through company managed social media presences, and on other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with HealthCarePass.com) and offline (e.g. through call centers, and direct marketing). In order to understand how advertising performs, we may collect certain information on our Sites and other sites and mobile apps through our advertising service providers using cookies, IP addresses, and other technologies. The collected information may include the number of page visits, pages viewed on our Sites, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time and across other sites following your visit to one of our Sites or apps, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Sites and on sites and apps where we advertise.
- Present tailored ads, to you including:
- Banner ads and splash ads and other mobility applications
- E-mail, postal mail, and telemarketing, and,
- On other sites and mobile apps not affiliated with HealthCarePass.com;
- Analyze the effectiveness of our ads; and
- Determine whether you might be interested in new products or services
How we tailor ads:
Relationship based advertising
In order to help make our advertising informative and useful, we may use information about your relationship with us (such as types of services, transactional information or the state in which you reside) to help determine which advertisements or offers to present to you.
Online Behavioral Advertising
We or our advertising service providers may use certain information about your activities on our Sites, such as pages visited and search key words entered to help determine which of our advertisements or offers may be of interest to you. We limit access and collection of information for specific purposes by advertising service providers. We may use this online information for online and offline advertising, which we may feel will be a benefit to you.
Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
HealthCarePass.com may contract with advertising companies to advertise our products and services on sites and mobile apps not affiliated with us. We may use Aggregated and De-identified Data and information provided by you to these third party sites and mobile apps to select which of our advertisements or offers may appeal to you, display them to you and monitor your responses. Third Party sites and mobile apps are not subject to HealthCarePass.com Privacy Notices. Please visit the individual sites and mobile apps for additional information on their data and privacy practices and opt out policies.
Online Behavioral Advertising on third party sites and mobile apps
Some of our tailored ads are online behavioral advertising, and may be served using data collected by third party providers. Ads served on our behalf by these companies do not contain unencrypted Personal Information and we limit the use of information by companies that serve our ads.
Other Data Sharing: In addition, we may share information that we collect:
- With our vendors or service providers who help us operate our business;
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights;
- To defend against legal claims;
- When we believe disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our employees, our web site users, or others; or,
- To enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
We may also transfer any data we collect in connection with a corporate change such as a merger, our acquisition by another company, or a partial or total sale of our assets (including as part of a bankruptcy proceeding).
What are my opt-out rights?
- HealthCarePass.com Newsletter: You may unsubscribe by clicking the link in the email you receive or by clicking here: Unsubscribe.
- HealthCarePass.com Mobile Application: You may stop all collection of information by HealthCarePass.com Mobile Applications easily by uninstalling the application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Tracking: At this time, when we collect information from you for the purpose of tracking your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or frameworks requesting an alteration to our online tracking of individual users who visit our Site or use our services. We may also partner with third-party service providers to serve ads on our behalf on non-affiliated third party sites. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information we or the online advertising network serving the ad collect about your online activities here and elsewhere over time. To opt out of these types of ads, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative for information about how to opt-out of interest-based advertising by their members. See http://www.networkadvertising.org for general information about the NAI and http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp for the opt-out page. You may also visit http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/ to learn about online behavioral advertising and how to opt-out from online behavioral ads served by some or all participating companies.
- Cookies: Should you wish to opt out of HealthCarePass.com data collection for targeted advertising on other sites, please read the instructions found here: Opt-out. To learn more about interest-based advertising by third parties that may collect data on our Site and to learn about choices available from companies that participate in industry self-regulation, you can visit www.aboutads.info.
- Google Analytics: You may opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network advertisements at www.google.com/settings/ads
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data for as long as you use the Site and for a reasonable time thereafter. If you’d like to access, update, or delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below and we will respond in a reasonable time. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity. Please note that some or all of the User Provided Data may be required in order for the Site to function properly, and we may be required to retain certain information by law.
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure. While we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us (both during and once we receive it), no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We comply with HIPAA security requirements with respect to safeguarding and securing your Protected Health Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information and Protected Health Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If Company provides you with a user name and password to access portions of the Site, Company disclaims any responsibility for a breach of privacy as a result of your willingly or inadvertently disclosing your user name and password to others.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can e-mail us at email@example.com
California Do Not Track Disclosures
How do we respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services?
We currently do not respond to DNT signals in browsers because we do not track individual users across the web.
May other parties collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when they visit www.healthcarepass.com?
Notice to California Residents
In response to a California law, we will automatically treat accounts with California billing addresses as if you requested HealthCarePass.com to not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties except as permitted by the applicable California law. We will also limit the sharing of information about you with our affiliates to comply with California privacy laws that apply to us.
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third-parties to which this website has disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third-parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all requests, you must put the statement “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. Please note that we are not responsible for requests that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Notice to Vermont Residents
In response to Vermont regulations,
automatically treats accounts with Vermont billing addresses as if you requested that HealthCarePass.com not share your information with nonaffiliated third parties, and that HealthCarePass.com limit the information it shares with its affiliates. If HealthCarePass.com discloses information about you to nonaffiliated third parties with whom we have joint marketing agreements, we will only disclose your name, address, other contact information, and information about our transaction and experiences with you.
Notice to Nevada Residents
We are providing you this notice pursuant to state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions set forth above. Nevada law requires that we also provide you with the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number: 702-486-3132; e-mail: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Notice to Users Outside of the United States
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe that HealthCarePass.com has received information from a child or other person who is not a majority age in their relevant jurisdiction, please contact us at our e-mail or physical mailing address listed in the “Contact Us” section below and we will take all reasonable efforts to remove the information.
Links to Other Sites
11515 66th Street North
Largo, FL 33773
Changes to this Privacy Notice